Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book of the Moment - Where is the Green Sheep

The smile that spreads across my daughters faces at 6.30pm each night as I say "Where is the Green Sheep BY Mem Fox & Judy Horaeck" is one of my favorite times of day.  It signals the end of our day of fun and we snuggle in to enjoy the wonderful experience of books.

Not a child I've ever met does not love this timeless classic as they find sheep from the color blue one to the star and the moon.

As they find the sheep fast asleep it signals bed time for sleepy heads.

My personal opinion is this book teaches anticipation (where is the sheep and what will we find next) and patience (when will we finally find the green sheep!)

Amazon Mum & Dad's seem to agree with 38 out of 45 giving the book a 5 star ranking.

I promise you will say this book in your sleep and you will probably go through several worn copies before your little one grows tired of it!

Happy Play Times :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment